|This article is about the Winx Club spin-off series. You may be looking for the game.|
It first premiered on November 4, 2016 and it has two seasons, with thirteen episodes per season, with a length of twenty-two minutes per episode.
“Winx Club is sent to search for talented kids around the world, but the mysterious thief steals them and powerful fairies will try to prevent it.”
“…In their new iteration, the Winx fairies visit Earth as scouts for a talent show called WOW! As they search across the globe for talented kids, they come across the Talent Thief - a mysterious villain who is capturing gifted children. The Winx must go undercover and hide their fairy identities - often with hilarious consequences - to outfox the Talent Thief find his secret headquarters and protect the children of Earth.”
“The Winx will embark on an undercover journey all around the world looking for talented kids in art, sports, music, and science. These kids have their own kind of magic, and the Winx Club fairies are enchanted by them though it doesn't take long before trouble sets in, and a new and dangerous mystery for Bloom and the others to solve.”
“As talent scouts for WOW!, a talent show, the Winx are on Earth and they are busy to find boys and girls around the world, with a natural talent and a dream to achieve (in different fields, like singing, dance, information technology, music, art and so on...).
This task for them is funny but hard as well, because when they move from one city to another, they have to be careful to hide their fairy identities in their most dangerous mission ever: catching the Talent Thief, a mysterious and powerful being that, for unknown reasons, has already kidnapped some talented people. And it is going to do it again now.
The Winx have to act undercover finding and saving all the talents in danger... they will be in the middle of comical situations very often; investigating without drawing attention will bring the six girls to do so many different jobs (dog-sitters, journalists, waitresses, etc...) as long as they find the kidnapper's refuge: a mysterious and magical island.This island is the mythical Neverland, ruled by a cruel queen, who once was a little fairy called Tinkerbell. Without her Peter Pan, grown-up and far away, the little fairy is grown-up as well now and is ready for her revenge, capturing the special people of the whole world in order to create her own new court of Lost Boys.”
- Main article: Season 1 (World of Winx)
“And this time the Winx are deep undercover on Earth, for the most top secret mission: to investigate the mysterious Talent Thief. And determined to save talented boys and girls in danger, along with an energetic host named Ace, they star in the talent reality show "WOW"!”
- Main article: Season 2 (World of Winx)
“The Winx are back with an awesome new mission: Save Neverland from the evil Queen by finding her old pal, Peter Pan.”
- Main article: Bloom
- Main article: Stella
- Main article: Flora
- Main article: Musa
- Main article: Tecna
- Main article: Aisha
- Main article: Roxy
- Main article: Ace
- Main article: Margot
- Main article: Cliff
- Main article: Lorelei
- Main article: Annabelle
- Main article: Naoki
- Main article: Sophie
- Main article: Nadine
- Main article: Vincenzo
- Main article: Yu
- Main article: Madelyn
- Main article: Silke
- Main article: Tinkerbell
- Main article: Crocodile Man
- Main article: Shaman
- Main article: Jim
Jim is the main villain of the second season of World of Winx. At the start of the Season 1, he was suspected of being the talent thief. He later works with Bloom to try to rescue Annabelle. In "The Fall of the Queen", it is revealed he is Captain Hook from Peter Pan, and that he was made young by the Tinkerbell's fairy magic. His ultimate goal is to take over the realm of Neverland.
- Main article: Smee
- Main article: Venomya
She first appears as Venomya in Neverland" as a music critic, who acts as a minor antagonist to the Winx, wishing to destroy their career as musicians. In the Season 2 finale, "Tinkerbell Is Back", it is revealed Venomya is actually a witch named Baba Yaga.
- According to an article from Kidscreen:
- The show will have two seasons, each with thirteen, 22-minute episodes designed for VOD (video on demand) viewing. Season one premiered on November 2016, followed by season two premiered on June 2017.
- The Winx will go undercover to find kids with talent in art, sports, music, and science. But a "dangerous mystery" will complicate their search.
- The target audience is 8 - 12 year olds.
- The show takes place on Earth instead of the Magic Dimension. The setting is described as "urban and metropolitan."
- The show will feature "a completely different artistic look and feel, brand-new characters, and more thrilling and mysterious plot twists not commonly found in the classic series."
- According to Cristiana Buzzelli, Rainbow's Vice President of Content, Netflix did not "enter the creative process on scripts, characters, or plot lines." In other words, they did not help write the show.
- Rainbow wants to make World of Winx a separate franchise. They are already building a licensing program for it.
- The working title for the series was Winx Club WOW: World of Winx.
- Instead of the familiar art style (seen in Winx Club and PopPixie), World of Winx uses the Fairy Couture art style.
- The main setting of the show is Earth which is similar to the fourth season of Winx Club.
- The show is shown to have good ratings on both Netflix and Rai Gulp.
- This is the second Winx Club spin-off to be featured on Netflix, the first being PopPixie.
- Songs from the original Winx Club seasons can be heard as background music in the series.
- In the comics, World of Winx takes place after Season 7.
Trailers and Promos