It is set to premiere globally in Spring 2016 and is confirmed to have 2 seasons, with 13 episodes per season, with the length 22 minutes per episode.
"Winx Club is sent to search for talented kids around the world, but the mysterious thief steals them and powerful fairies will try to prevent it."
"…In their new iteration, the Winx fairies visit Earth as scouts [f]or a talent show called WOW! As they search across the globe for talented kids, they come across the Talent Thief — a mysterious villain who is capturing gifted children. The Winx must hide their fairy identities — often with hilarious consequences — to outfox the Talent Thief and find his secret lair."
The teased plot is "The Winx will embark on an undercover journey all around the world looking for talented kids in art, sports, music and science. These kids have their own kind of magic, and the Winx Club fairies are enchanted by them though it doesn't take long before trouble sets in, and a new and dangerous mystery for Bloom and the others to solve."
According to a article from Kidscreen:
- The show will have two seasons, each with thirteen, 22-minute episodes designed for VOD (video on demand) viewing. Season one will premiere early next year, followed by season two in fall 2016.
- The Winx will go undercover to find kids with talent in art, sports, music, and science. But a "dangerous mystery" will complicate their search.
- The target audience is 8 - 12 year old, the same age group Rainbow was aiming for while developing Winx Club season one. (The article says the classic show's audience is 4 - 8 year old, which is a smaller range than what is listed on Rainbow's website.)
- The show takes place on Earth instead of the Magic Dimension. The setting is described as "urban and metropolitan."
- The show will feature "a completely different artistic look and feel, brand-new characters, and more thrilling and mysterious plot twists not commonly found in the classic series."
- According to Cristiana Buzzelli, Rainbow's Vice President of Content, Netflix did not "enter the creative process on scripts, characters, or plot lines." In other words, they did not help write the show.
- Rainbow wants to make Winx Club WOW a separate franchise. They are already building a licensing program for it.
|Season 1 - Season 2 - Season 3 - Season 4 - Season 5 - Season 6 - Season 7 - Season 8|
|Winx Club: The Secret of the Lost Kingdom - Winx Club 3D: Magical Adventure - Winx Club: The Mystery of the Abyss|
|Winx Club: The Fate of Bloom - Winx Club: Revenge of the Trix - Winx Club: The Battle for Magix - Winx Club: The Shadow Phoenix|
|PopPixie - Winx Avatar Story - World of Winx (Season 1 - Season 2)|