A pinch of Fairy Dust will do it!
The Winx and the Trix race to find the Lilo, a magic plant, which will bloom for the first time in centuries. When the people of Gardenia stand up for the Winx, the Winx are able to defeat the Trix and the Lilo blooms.
PlotThe Trix show off their powers, wondering if they are strong enough to go up against the Winx. As the Trix get stronger, so do the Winx. Flora is seen flying over a river. The river sprays up, trying to block Flora's path. The other members of the Winx watch on. Professor Palladium tells Flora to focus on what she loves the most, Flora then thinks of her boyfriend, Helia, and she feels stronger. Once Flora evades more of the water attacks, she thinks she has passed the test, but one last spray of water hits her, failing her test. Bloom tells Flora to believe in herself.
Then Griselda comes and informs that Faragonda wants to see the Winx. Faragonda tells them that a magical plant, the Lilo, is in Gardenia and it has to be planted before sunset. The Lilo is in the hands of Macy, the younger sister of Mitzi, who wants to plant it in the community garden. However Mitzi, who is babysitting Macy, wants to do her errands first - shopping. So the Winx, led by Flora who can track the Lilo, end up unknowingly following these two across the city. They finally end up at the mall, which leads some of the Winx to doubt Flora's abilities, but she is sure of herself and they meet Macy and Mitzi in front of a music store.
The Trix, who have been following the Winx, reveal themselves and demand the plant. But Macy refuses to give up the Lilo, and Mitzi, despite supporting the Trix, ends up fleeing the mall with her sister, with the plant still in hand. Icy follows them to the community garden while Flora chases after her; the other Winx and the Trix still fight in the mall, but eventually go to the garden themselves. Two of the Trix capture Macy and hold her high in the air, but she tosses the Lilo. The Trix drop her and she is rescued by Flora, but the Lilo crashes to the ground and its pot breaks. But while it starts to bloom, the Trix are still able to be powered up by it. However, the Winx, powered up by the people who believe in them, are able to beat the Trix. After beating the Trix, they made another performance.
- The Winx meet Macy.
- The Winx find the Lilo.
- The Lilo blooms.
- Winx Club
- Stereo Crash - Used by Musa against the Trix.
- Dragon Heart - Used by Bloom against the Trix with Solar Storm and Techno Shock.
- Techno Shock - Used by Tecna against the Trix with Solar Storm and Dragon Heart.
- Web of Confusion - Used by Darcy to divert the Winx's attention from Icy.
- Morphix Wave - Used by Aisha against Darcy.
- Sun Dance - Used by Stella against Darcy.
- Dark Cloud - Used by Stormy against the Winx.
- Solar Storm - Used twice by Stella, first against the Trix, then against Stormy.
- Andros Hurricane - Used by Aisha against Stormy.
- Autumn Wind - Used by Flora against Icy but failed.
- Freezer Burn - Used by Icy against Flora.
- Spring Ring - Used twice by Flora, first to defend herself, then against Icy.
- The Vacuums make their latest appearance since Season 1 Episode 18, which aired over eight years earlier.
- This is the second time the show used 2D computer graphics instead of it being hand drawn, the first time being in the first episode of Season 4.
- This episode was originally produced as the fifth episode (production code 505), but was later chosen to be the Season 5 premiere episode.
- From the rightful source, it has been officially confirmed directly from Rainbow that "The Lilo" is the 5th episode created for season 5; however, it is not the proper 5th episode of the main season 5 story arc. "The Lilo" is a stand-alone episode, like "A Magix Christmas", so both Nickelodeon and Rainbow agreed this was the episode chosen to launch season 5.
- Despite this, "The Lilo" was aired as the fifth episode in Italy.
- Despite that Mitzi had never encountered the Trix prior to this episode, she seems to be a fan of the Trix.
- The Lilo full episode was re-uploaded or uploaded onto Nickelodeon USA site.
- This also marks the first time ever seeing their favorite color in a show which will be used for the 1st episode of Season 6 once again with another song called Way of Sirenix.
- When Faragonda tells the Winx about the Lilo, Musa's headphones appear on her head in one scene, but disappear in the next.
- When we first see Stormy grab Macy by the collar of her sweater, her arms are crossed, but in the next shot, they are not.
- Stella's eye shadow in her Believix form switches off and on from pale yellow to baby blue.
“The weather is mine to command without limits.”
“The depths of darkness have no secrets from me.”
“Sisters, behold the strongest ice spells in the magic dimension! But we still need more power to defeat the Winx.”