|This Episodes Article is a C! This article is in need of some major changes as not all of the sections needed have been added. This article is also in need of more imagery.|
Bloom and Stella bring their new Pixie friends to the Alfea School for Fairies. They are reunited with the other Winx, but now there is a new menace. A monolith made of evil magic has appeared at school, and even the Winx girls' most powerful spells cannot destroy it.
Furthermore, as the Winx's first assignment, they must destroy a mysterious stone that appeared in the lake. None of them succeed.
Bloom, frustrated, goes alone to take out this tower. She uses too much of her energy and faints. The mysterious man who was watching them in the shadows then returns Bloom to her dorm room.
He chants a spell and destroys the rock. He then reveals himself to be Professor Avalon, who will teach them consummated analysis and a mix of Magic and Philosophy.
- Tecna bonds with Digit.
- Musa bonds with Tune.
- Flora bonds with Chatta.
- The mysterious Paladin is introduced as Professor Avalon.
- Big-eared Bear (Pixie Pet)
- Winx Club
- In Cinélume, this episode was narrated by Livy in the form of a cut-out puppet theater to Kiko and other Pixie Animals. Comically, Livy revealed in the end that she was mostly talking about the beavers.
- In Cinélume, near the beginning, Livy was confused when the Big-eared Bear enters to watch the show. She noticed he is the only Pixie Animal able to talk, not to mention his effeminate mannerisms.
- In 4Kids Lord Darkar was once believed to be a man named Argulus.
- In Cinélume, it is revealed by Faragonda that the destruction of Domino was due to Lord Darkar who emerged from the Void at the beginning of Time and was the one who originally sent the Ancestral Witches to seek the Dragon Fire from there, and that after the witches had been defeated the Lord of the Templars of Roccaluce fought Darkar and cast him in a deep sleep of sixteen years.
- In Cinélume, Kiko made several paper cut-out dolls of the Winx, the Specialists, the Pixies, and the Pixie pets, then used them as dominoes in the end. The cut-out doll of Bloom winks at the camera before the episode finishes.
- Scenes from this episode, episode 27, 28, 29, 31, 34, 35, 36, 37, 45, 46, 49, 50, 51 and 52 were used for the final Winx special scene "The Shadow Phoenix".
- When Faragonda is talking to the Winx, there are two Piffs.
- In the Cinélume dub the title card is misspelled "misterious" instead of "mysterious".
- When Bloom faints and changes back into normal clothes after failing to destroy the stone, her yellow gem from her Winx outfit is still present.