|This article is a B. This article is a B, meaning it is missing three or fewer sections, or some images need to be added. Please do what you can to help!|
When Lysslis still had a body, she looked like a humpbacked old woman with pale skin, long grayish white hair that flowed down her back, paler bangs that reached her waist and a long, thin hooked nose. She wore a black dress, a black cape, and a black mask. With her mask on, she appeared to have glowing yellow eyes and it is unknown if this was her real eye color or an effect of the mask.
In her spirit form at Cloud Tower, her dress, cape, and mask had a purple color while her skin had a pale ghostly gray color and her hair was purple.
Lysslis, along with Belladona and Tharma were mentioned as the Dark Forces which destroyed Domino when Faragonda tells Bloom about the Great Dragon. The Ancestral Witches made their first physical appearance in Bloom's Dark Secret, when Lysslis and the other two witches were formed in a false vision made by the Trix to scare Bloom.
Lysslis does not appear in Season 2 and is only mentioned.
Lysslis and her sisters tell Bloom the truth about her parents.
Lysslis was seen in the first film as a spirit trapped in the realm of Obsidian, along with her sisters, Belladona and Tharma. They command their servant, Mandragora, throughout the movie, targeting Bloom primarily.
Like her descendant, Darcy, she has the ability to manipulate darkness and like all magical beings has the ability to fly. She can use powerful dark magic and spells. Like Darcy, in the movie, she has the ability to create giant rays of darkness that grows from the ground, which attacks anyone. Unlike her descendant, her rays are indestructible unless the Dragon Flame is its foe.
Usage of Magic
- Eternal Darkness
- Controlling people
- Strip away witch magic, depending on their strength and skill level.
- Made daylight become nighttime.
- Subdue those with light magic.
- Lys and Lis are both forms of the French name for the Lily flower.
- While Lysslis has been stated to be an ancestor of the Trix and Darcy looks the most like her, the details of her exact relationship with the Trix has not been explicitly explained.
- However in the second movie it is Belladona who possesses Darcy, not Lysslis.
- Lysslis and the other Ancestral Witches appear not to be caring about both Valtor and the Trix although they all descend from the Ancestresses, and instead treat them like their servants. It is unknown why do they behave like this.
- The appearance of the Ancestral Witches is inspired from those of typical fairy tale and folklore witches, especially the Wicked Fairy Godmother, being humpbacked old women with crooked noses and having hands with sharp pointy nails.