Kind of, but we have better style
Faragonda is the Headmistress of Alfea College for Fairies, of which she was once a student herself. She played a major role in helping Bloom to discover her past and her true powers. Faragonda was also a member of the Company of Light.
Her relationship with Griffin, the Headmistress of Cloud Tower, is a strange mixture of true friendship and slight rivalry. In Season 3, it is revealed that this odd relationship is because they and Headmaster Saladin of Red Fountain had worked together as part of the Company of Light to help defend the planet of Domino from the Ancestral Witches and Valtor. However, Faragonda was not present during the final battle with the Witches as all the magical strength of most of the members of the Company had been exhausted, which is why she was not able to tell Bloom exactly what happened to her parents. Faragonda was friends with Bloom's parents, King Oritel and Queen Marion of Domino (also members of the Company of Light), and was deeply disturbed by their disappearance.
Faragonda was once friends with Griffin. Faragonda, Griffin, and Saladin were part of the Company of Light that protected Domino along with Oritel and Marion, Bloom's parents. However the Company was dissolved when the Ancestral Witches destroyed Domino. Faragonda then became the Headmistress of Alfea.
Faragonda was never shown to transform, and it is still unknown what her exact power is.
However, it was revealed that she was, at least, an Enchantix fairy (according to Griffin). Her element seemed to be nature-related, given how her spells are usually green-colored. As the Headmistress of Alfea, a former witch, and a member of the Company of Light, she was a powerful warrior in her own right, with a vast array of magical abilities at her disposal: she could create illusions, shields that are powerful enough to block even Valtor's spells, and fire energy blasts that could send her opponent flying considerable distances away.
Faragonda was also shown to be capable of combining her powers with those of others in order to perform spectacular feats of magic: she once combined her powers with Griffin and Saladin to permanently vanquish a monster with the ability of regeneration, and in another instance, she combined her magic with Griffin's to grant Codatorta enhanced strength and speed.
Hence, despite her age and her kind demeanor, Faragonda is still an extremely powerful fairy whom none should underestimate.
Uses of Magic
- Strength of the ancient Titans, Speed of the Cheetah - A spell performed by her and Griffin to give extra power to Codatorta.
- Cupernus - Used in a convergence by her and Griffin to shield the Winx from Darkar's attack.
- Contego - A spell used by her against the Wild Lion Monster.
- Animal Transform - A spell used by her to transform the fairy animals into their baby form.
- Faragonda and Mirta are the only characters who were witches but became fairies in the series.
- Her personality and role of helping Bloom on her quests is similar to that of Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series.
- In the 4Kids dub, it was stated that Faragonda and Griffin had both dated Saladin.
- In the 4Kids version, it was stated that Faragonda and Griffin were in the same grade level when they attended Alfea and Cloud Tower respectively.
- It is also mentioned that Ediltrude attended the Cloud Tower around the same time as Griffin.
- Faragonda's Nick voice actress, Kari Wahlgren, also plays the Narrator part in the Nickelodeon dub.
- Her attire and hair style have been changed in Season 6.
- In the third movie, Bloom calls her "Principal Faragonda" instead of "headmistress".
- Out of all the characters in the series, she has served as a guide and strategist for the Winx.
- She has appeared in every season and movies so far.
- Her personality is similar to Motherboard from Cyberchase
- The name "Faragonda" may be derived from the word "Paragon".
- If the 4Kids version is taken into consideration, then she is the first Fairy Godmother with the second being Eldora.
- She has several similarities with Eldora, especially their physical appearance and hair.
- If the 4Kids version is taken into consideration, another similarity is that both Faragonda and Eldora have been Fairy Godmothers.
- Erica Schroeder used to voice Piff, Daphne, Galatea, Liss, Yakobetta and Maia in the 4Kids dub.