Wow, did I just say that?
|This article is about the Major Fairy of Nature. You may be looking for a human from Gardenia.|
Diana has a type of reddish pink hair color. She also has a blue, green, and purple crown on her head. She has two leaf-like ties tied to her bangs, and she has forest green eyes and light pink makeup. She wears a necklace that is blue and purple, and her dress is purple and green with a light green fabric holding it up and a blue half circle that it's attached to. On her arm are light peach and blue arm warmers, and her wings are out lined with grass green. Inside is peach, pink, and light pale green.
Diana is one of the most dedicated to protecting the balance of nature and magic, and when she feels threatened will do anything to protect her domain. Diana was a loyal servant to Morgana and followed her orders with pleasure to take vengeance on the humans for forgetting the Earth Fairies and harming nature. Diana also shows a gentle and forgiving side, as she recognized that the Winx Club were only trying to help her and restore balance to nature and the indigenous Amazon tribe who revered Diana and the Amazon Fairies. Diana was able to find ways to make peace for the benefit of mankind when she discovered that she and her Amazon fairies were not forgotten and told the natives that she will help them rebuild their village and make it more stronger than ever, and that she will protect them like it used to be before she was captured by the Wizards of the Black Circle.
Since neither Diana nor the Amazon Fairies were seen in the Omega Dimension at the end of Season 4, it is assumed that she remained loyal to Morgana when Nebula overthrew her to proclaim herself as new Queen of Tir Nan Og.
Season 4Diana attacks the Frutti Music Bar to convince Roxy to join them as warrior fairies. She put a sleeping spell in, causing the people in Gardenia to sleep. While, the Winx are tied with big plants, vines and roots. Diana turned Gardenia into a jungle and summon many magical, nature creature. She kidnapped the Specialists (except Nabu), causing the Winx to go to her kingdom to save the specialists using their new Sophix powers.
Finally the Winx save The Source of the Forest's Magic which controls Diana's powers and convince her and the Amazon fairies to stop vengeance against humans. Diana then tries to convince Morgana that the humans are not all bad, but in vain and Morgana asks Aurora to help her in her revenge.
As Major Fairy of Nature, Diana wields immense power over the natural forces and weaves them according to her will. Diana commands absolute control over all forces of nature and elements connected to it (plants and animals). Her powers prove to be so formidable that even Flora struggled to combat them, showcasing the thousands of years of experience Diana has over her.
Additionally, Diana can also cast magic spells like when she placed a large-scale sleeping spell over Frutti Music Bar and possibly over the whole of Gardenia before invoking the subdued nature of the city to "take the land back." Like all magical creatures, she can also project energy beams.
Unfortunately, due to being so closely interconnected with nature, Diana experiences internal pain whenever any nearby natural life (mainly plants) are harmed and thus, can be weakened through exploiting this. She shares this aspect of her powers with her followers, the Amazon Fairies, and Flora.
Source of Magic
- Main article: Sacred Sprout
The Sacred Sprout (or Sacred Bud) is the source of Diana's magic, as well as the core of the wild energy of Earth's nature. Located in the Nymph Waterfalls of Amazonia, destroying the Sacred Sprout can effectively kill Diana, however, according to legends passed down by the Amazon natives, doing so may very well destroy all the nature of Earth alongside her.
Uses of Magic
- "Spirits of Nature, rise!": She creates a green sphere of energy around her and grows nature creatures.
- "Nature, listen to me, it is your lady speaking to you. Imprison the intruders!": She creates a green sphere of energy to communicate to nature, so it would imprison somebody with trees and branches.
- "Plants, roots, vines, briars and brambles, retreat, dissolve.": She uses it to reverse her spell and make Gardenia back to normal.
- Main article: Diana's Temple
According to Nabu, it looks very similar to a ziggurat which are temples that were located in Ancient Mesopotamia.
- Diana's name comes from the Roman Goddess Diana, which means divine. She is the Goddess of the Hunt and the Moon who was associated with wild animals and wildlands, hence the Winx Club Diana's power.
- In the Nickelodeon dub, she shares the same voice actress with Stella's Guardian of Sirenix, and Arcadia.
- Rachele Paolelli, the voice actress of Diana also provides the voices of Politea, Omnia, Marion and Serena in the Italian dub.
- Diana and Aurora are the only two Major Fairies with physical power sources.